One of the biggest challenges we hear consistently is the fact that you don’t know where to look for opportunities. Here are a few ideas…
1. If you have a target company in mind that you’d like to work for, look on the company website to see what opportunities are available through their job board.
2. Look at large job boards to search for positions by location and job title.
3. Consider local, industry specific job boards or jobs available through associations that align with the types of opportunities you’re pursuing.
4. Follow the C-Suite executive on LinkedIn for the line of business you’re interested in. They often share opportunities within their department. If it’s a smaller organization, follow the CEO or Owner of the company you’d like to work for.
5. Reach out to networking groups in your area to attend their meetings and connect with people who may know of available opportunities.
6. Your Alma Matter – check out their career services department and also networking groups on LinkedIn
7. Family and Friends
Large Job Boards
Indeed – almost every opportunity is here because it is free and easy for employers to post
Executive Job Boards
The Ladders – $100k+ positions
Execthread – Source of “Hidden” Opportunities for executives
The CMO Club – marketing executives including VP’s and CMO’s
Mid-Level Job Boards
Executive Search Firms
Re-Entering The Workforce
PathForward – Training and Returnship (like an internship) for Experienced Professionals who have taken time to care for family members
WIOA – Retraining Programs – paid for through US Government Grants
Niche Job Boards
CareerOneStop – American Job Centers sponsored by the US Department of Labor
FlexJobs – working remote
Remotive – remote jobs
Association Job Boards
DAA – Digital Analytics Association
ANA – Association of National Advertisers
AMA – American Marketing Association
ABA – American Bar Association
SIM – executives in IT management
FEI – financial executives, such as CFO’s
AICPA – certified public accountants
Colorado Job Boards
Denver Egotist – ad agency/creatives
Lew’s List – finance & accounting
Colorado Bar Association – legal
Connecting Colorado – Upload your resume and employers search for a match when they are hiring. You will also be sent job alerts that match the job description to elements of your resume.
Colorado Networking groups
BMA Colorado – Business Marketing Association, B2B opportunities
Career Connect Coffee Club – practice your elevator pitch & more
EIE – executive innovation exchange, networking group and LinkedIn community
EIT – executives in transition
NExT – executives in transition
San Francisco Job Boards
At The Top Candidate, we work with professionals to help you connect with opportunities where you’re able to do work you love with people you enjoy, making valuable contributions to the success of your team each and every day. We pride ourselves on working with people who are exceptionally talented, proven top contributors whose references boast about with pride. Our personal branding and professional coaching programs are designed to give you a distinct edge as you pursue new opportunities. And when the time comes to build your all-star team, we can help you attract and retain the top talent that will propel your business to the heights you’ve only imagined. Learn more at http://www.thetopcandidate.com.
Where To Look For Opportunities © The Top Candidate 2019